3 Tips On Re-cycling Your Jewellery
We all want to do our part for the environment, from recycling our clothes down to our water bottles. Well imagine the same for jewellery! The following tips will give you some guidance to starting your journey.
- Have an idea of what you would like your new piece of jewellery to be.
- Speak to a trusted jewellery Designer or independent Jeweller/ Goldsmith
- Take good pictures of your existing jewellery that you want to re-purpose. (Before handing over any jewellery).
I recently had a client explain that they were impressed with my work and wanted two gold cuffs made (image above) from the Gold they had. The client inherited Gold jewellery from their Grandmother but felt it was a little dated. The two bangles weigh a total of 45 g, re-modelled from gold necklaces, rings and earrings. Recycling your jewellery keeps the sentimental value but also gives a new appreciation for the new design. If you're thinking of re-modelling your jewellery here are a few things to expect.
- I will assess your jewellery that you wish to re-purpose.
- I can provide a brief assessment and break down the metal value.
- I will explain the carats and briefly explain the process/ risks or limitations
Disclaimer/Did you know?
It’s worth remembering the following:
- Not all Gold can be melted down. Limitations are relative to each client, e.g metal quality.
- You can mix carat's but NOT colors. For example you cannot melt yellow gold and white gold together, however 9ct and 18ct yellow Gold can be melted together.
Visit our Instagram to view full making process of the above bracelets. Please send your enquiries to email@example.com
During these uncertain times, Jwllry By Jade encourages you all to stay safe and healthy. #stayhomesavelives