Storage and general care
- Some precious metals, like sterling silver, are prone to tarnish however wearing your jewellery often can limit this from happening. If you find your jewellery heavily tarnished through either attending a spa or not being worn for a long period of time, get in touch for our cleaning service to help get it good as new again.
- Remove your jewellery before entering a swimming pool, spa or the gym as certain chemicals and heavy handling may damage your jewellery. Take extra care if you have an Emerald, Opal or Pearl jewellery as these are very delicate gemstones.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery to bed to prevent chains breaking and fingers from swelling.
- When your jewellery is not being worn, store your jewellery in an air tight plastic wallet to avoid tarnish.
- Use warm soapy water (washing up liquid) and a soft tooth brush to brighten and clean jewellery. This method of cleaning is great for engagemement/ wedding rings and most jewellery with gemstones. If you experience irritated or inflamed skin around the areas you wear jewellery, this method is also great for preventing build up behind your jewellery.
- To keep the metal bright and shiny, use a lint free cloth and rub the surface of the metal until bright. If you're unsure of all the above, we offer a cleaning service and will advice on what's best for your jewellery needs.